Monday 10 December 2012

Why Music!

Why would I choose music as a theme for my New Media CIA and also as the underlying theme for my blog when I first made this blog nearly an year ago? Well, to answer that question I would have to take you back to my 5th grade, nearly a decade old story. I did my 5th grade in a small town which was located nearly 170 kilometers away from Muscat City, a tiny place located in a merciless desert. Though most of Oman's deserts are rocky, this particular desert is among those that are quite dangerous due to its sandstorms and weather conditions. It was to such a place that my father was posted, in order to establish underground pipe systems, for a year.

After school, at around 2 pm  I am back in my bedroom after a long tiring hot day. It was a common site to see many of my friends bleeding from their noses due to the heat and such instances made me realize how lucky I was not to be one among them. This statement should re-confirm and better explain the phrase i used before "  long tiring hot day ". There wasn't much to watch on TV except for maybe 4 or 5 channels which were of least interest to me. Why would anyone bother to improve the satellite reception in this God-forsaken   land? It was during this time that I began growing close to music. All I had in my room was a Casio keyboard and an old Panasonic Cassette Player (for those who don't remember what cassettes are- they are rectangular objects with tiny shiny stuff wound inside which help to record and replay music). accompanying this was a cassette of the Bollywood movie "Kaho Na Pyaar Hai". 2 months of vacations all by myself, and i would spend the entire day trying to learn how to play the different songs of the movie on the keys. Every month when Papa took me to Carrefour Mall in Muscat city to buy the provisions for a month (since there was no decent shop to buy your household and groceries in that desert), I would go on a rampage in the music shop located on the ground floor of the mall and walk out with absolutely 'nothing' in my hands. There you go, no matter how many times i listened to the same songs again, i never felt bored. I realized that irrespective of the massive amount of time i spent on music, i was never tired of it. And so today, I had decided to make Music as my theme...

2 comments:

  1. u have a flare and talent for it bro....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has blessed you with an amazing talent and never let go off it...God bless you:)

    ReplyDelete