Monday 10 December 2012

Violin

I was always fascinated by the structure of the violin and always subdued by its melodious tone. Its beautifully carved side curves and the deep 'f' holes and the fret-less neck always made me joyous. I had never seen a violin till i was in my 8th grade. It was the day when my dad had taken me to my first violin class. I was so excited and as I held the violin in my hands, I did not look at it, instead shut my eyes and prayed that it be a new beginning in my life. for reasons unknown to my consciousness I believed that my violin and I had some invisible bond that I can never put into words. To me the violin was not just a wooden object but a being that could understand my feelings and vibrate her strings in sync with my thoughts. Well, it may sound crazy, but if Indians can vote every 5 years for some political party to rule them in spite of repeated errors, I see nothing crazy in me talking to my violins as if they were breathing. 





My dad gifted me my first violin as a surprise one night after he came back from work, and you wouldn't believe this but i sat an entire hour simply starring at the violin and not daring to touch it till I had taken her beauty completely. Even today, I am able to rediscover her beauty, though it has been 8 years since i got her. Her beauty never fades. My only regret about my violin was that I could play her only once before a crowd with my mother in it. I had always wished that I could play the violin several times before a crowd where my mother would be, but life moves on, and my violin would be there with me, every step i take forward.

2 comments:

  1. :-)
    music has a way to make life better... just concentrate a bit more ...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violin is a beautiful instrument and always considered to be hard to learn and play as well. However you are one of the few violinists i know who respects music like a true musician should and i appreciate that a lot :)

    ReplyDelete