Friday 30 December 2011

Mortal Bonds


Ending of one,
Beginning of another,
For this is life,
A journey of many meetings and partings.
He who wearies his heart,
On parting old mates is a fool.
For he will do nothing in life,
Other than mourn.
And he who rejoices,
On meeting new ones be warned,
You will part some day.
For nothing is as it is forever.
When old bonds are broken,
New ones will be formed.
When old friends are lost,
New ones will be found.
One day this bond of life too shall break,
But remember that it is only the beginning,
Of yet another.

I was sitting at the study table in my room. The air conditioner was switched on, though it was a cold day of January 2010. I always maintained my room at 23-24 degrees (Celsius). This was the temperature i could work in. The soft running of the air conditioner muffled the sound of the vehicles which were on the highway below my apartments, running at speeds above 120Km/h. I looked out from my window, I could get a glimpse of the beach which opened into the Arabian Sea. I recalled the countless number of times I went there in the past 17 years. 

But now it was time for me to leave this city. My class 12 Mock Exams were going on and in a month's time I would appear for the class 12 CBSE boards. But after the exams, i dint know what I would do. I dint want to be a doctor (though i was preparing for biology and the medical examinations), nor did i want anything to do with medicine. Even if i did, i was not sure where i would study. Would I be in one of the states in my home country, or somewhere else.

The worse fear was that of loosing old friends I made in school. The very thought of making new ones was scary. I was scared if I would make the right friends, I dint know how i would live all by myself, without having to depend on my parents, I dint want to break my shell of comfort. 

But then i realized that it was inevitable. As I sat on that chair, with my science books spread out in front of me, I thought about the chemical bonds that has to be broken to be transformed into new substances. 

                  'When old bonds are broken
                    New ones will be formed'

Before I knew it, i had already snatched a paper from my shelf and my Faber Castell ball point pen scribbled 'Mortal Bonds'.


5 comments:

  1. A class apart man... this poem! seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'When old bonds are broken
    New ones will be formed'
    they surely shall be formed...=)
    may the bonds that u make always last forever!!God bless!!
    Might I just say that this poem's BEAUTIFUL!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyy thanks a lot... oh, this poem was written in less than 7 minutes... i mean the entire thing, the verses just kept coming, i took tym to name the poem....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ufffff...mind blowing..maybe coz its true..good job bro good job..:)

    ReplyDelete